Saturday, July 25, 2009

Birds in the Sun

A couple of weeks ago, on a typical sunny, southern California day, Mookie and I went to the park! I knew they had toddler swings, and thought it was a great day to introduce Mookie to what it feels like to fly through the air like a bird! :o)

She, however, was not very willing to sit in the baby bird seat. Not. One. Bit.

So, Mama sat on the big bird swing and held Mookie as we swinged and we swung and we swang some more. :o) She liked the tandem-swinging. :o)


Then we went on to wander and play a bit. Here, she's presenting me with a very special discovery. :o)


The Leaf of Golden Goodness.

I love this picture. Mostly the vibrant colors. And her deep concentration. Deep.
What happens when I cover Mama's feet with sand?

I'm not quite sure what happened here, but I do like that it's not a typical shot. :o)
I can't wait till I figure out how to use this shovel the right way.


And, again, not quite sure what happened with the camera here, but I really like this shot! I'm weird, I know.
Proof that she really DOES have hair!


And, lest anyone fears losing sleep about Mookie's unfortunate exposure to the sun, please rest in the knowledge that I slathered her with loads of baby sunscreen. She WON'T. Wear. A. Hat. Mama.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. The hat thing. Totally know where you're coming from. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so beautiful! i love that last picture. the focus is so sharp on her hair and soft on the background....

    ReplyDelete